Student athletes race 1 to 4 laps of a 5-6 mile course, depending on the race category. Categories typically correspond to student grade level. Mountain bike racing is both an individual sport and a team sport. The emphasis is on each rider’s personal growth, with the goal of ensuring a positive race experience. Athletes may remain in the previous year category or be moved up based on coach recommendations.
- Racing is a weekend event, with a team pre-ride on Saturday and the race on Sunday.
- Each race is hosted at a different trail location within Wisconsin and requires in-state travel.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the individual riders’ families. That said, our awesome team families work together to coordinate carpooling whenever necessary to make sure that any rider who wants to race is able to attend.
- Many of our team families camp at the race venue, which is lots of fun for the riders and parents.
- All team members are able to pre-ride the race course with the team on Saturday. You do not have to be signed up to race to take part in the pre-ride with the team.
- Families are encouraged to volunteer to help at the race. It takes a village of volunteers to run each and every race.
- Team Pitzone Tent – food, set-up, rider support, and clean-up.
- Race Course – we are the host team for the State Championship at Trek Trails in October and are responsible for set-up and tear-down.
2021 RACE SCHEDULE