CamRock Youth MTB Club
WHO CAN JOIN?
All youth entering 4th-12th grade next fall with an interest in mountain biking are welcome. Please note, this is slightly different from previous years. If you feel your < 4th grade rider is ready, please speak to Coach Pete or Coach Dave. Parents who ride are encouraged to register as volunteers- we can always use more, even if it is only once per week!
WHAT DO I NEED?
All riders are responsible for providing their own mountain bikes and a helmet. A multi-speed bike is required. Bikes need to be in 100% working condition before the first session. Helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike.
- mountain bike (right size, multi-speed, in 100% working condition)
- helmet (must be worn at all times while on the bike)
- face covering (to wear when not actively riding)
- water bottle (filled with water)
- mosquito spray (apply before riding and away from helmets/bikes/other riders)
WHEN & WHERE DOES MTB CLUB MEET?
- June 6-29, 2022 (Mondays & Wednesdays)
- CamRock Park, Area 1 (68 Hwy B, Cambridge)
- Instruction and trail riding all within CamRock Park.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Fee of $80 for first rider, and $60 for each additional rider per family. No fee for volunteers.
- All riders 16 and older must also purchase an Annual Mountain Bike Permit through Dane County Parks ($16)
HOW WILL I GET IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MTB CLUB AFTER I REGISTER?
- Club communication (riders/families and volunteers) will be handled through TeamSnap. An invite will be sent to all registered riders/volunteers.
HOW DO I REGISTER MY KIDS?
- Registration will open at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 18. Once open, registration and all forms/waivers will be handled virtually through the Camrock Climbers (NICA team) website (https://camrockmtb.com/). Riders and volunteers must all register.
- April 18th– Registration opens Camrock Climbers (NICA team) website at 5:00 p.m.
- April 20th, 6:00-7:15pm- Informational Meeting. Virtual- Invite to be provided
- May 18th, Registration closes unless enrollment fills first
- June 1st, 6:00-7:15pm- Bike Check at Camrock 1- mandatory for new riders
- June 6th, 6:00-7:15pm- First Camrock Youth MTB Session